BIRKENSTOCK Invites NYC to Walk the Way Nature Intended With BIRKENFIELDS
NEW YORK, Oct. 4, 2023 -- BIRKENSTOCK today announced BIRKENFIELDS, a series of interactive public green spaces to open on Wednesday, October 11th and Thursday, October 12th. Giving back to the city that never stops walking, BIRKENFIELDS invites the public on a sensory experience to explore the brand's nearly 250-year heritage and expertise in foot health.
There will be three BIRKENFIELD experiences opening next week. BIRKENFIELD Meadow, located at Flatiron Plaza, is a shoeless experience to immerse consumers in the concept of walking as nature intended and provides a respite from the hustle of the city.
BIRKENFIELD Grove, located at 410 Lafayette Street, allows guests to explore the quality of
BIRKENSTOCK’s materials through the act of play. Foot massages will be available at both locations, along with hot chocolate carts by Maman and pretzels by Sigmund’s Pretzels. Exclusive BIRKENFIELD merchandise will also be available, with proceeds benefiting local New York organizations. A roaming photographer will capture content with branded photos downloaded directly to your camera roll.
BIRKENFIELD Biergarten, opening at Other Half Brewing in Williamsburg, will invite guests to discover the rich heritage of the brand from 1774 to today with interactive games and more. German-Inspired beers will be featured, by the expert brewers at Other Half.
Further details include:
- BIRKENFIELD Meadow
- Location: Flatiron Plaza, 23rd Street & Broadway, New York, NY 10010
- The first BIRKENFIELD landscape takes inspiration from barefoot walking to educate consumers about the benefits of walking as nature intended.
- After exploring the sensory garden, guests can book a 10-minute foot massage to recover from walking and prepare for their next destination.
- BIRKENFIELD Grove
- Location: 410 Lafayette Street, New York, NY 10003
- Play on the shearling-lined seesaw, relax and lift up your feet with the leather swing set, or act like a kid again on the custom-built slide.
- After enjoying the playground, visitors have the option to reserve a 10-minute foot massage to rejuvenate and refresh for the day.
- Guests will also be able to enjoy and discover the unique materials that make up the BIRKENSTOCK shoe. From metal buckles to cork, an immersive sensory experience is right at your fingertips.
- BIRKENFIELD Biergarten
- Location: Other Half Brewing Domino Park, 34 River Street, Brooklyn, NY 11249
- Dive into BIRKENSTOCK's legacy with an array of games and activities. Whether you're into trivia or tabletop games, The Biergarten promises fun for all ages.
- For guests aged 21 and above, drink tickets will be available for German-inspired beers crafted by the skilled brewers from Other Half Brewing.
- Additionally, you'll have the chance to purchase exclusive merchandise, with all proceeds benefiting local New York causes.
Birkenstock Holding plc is the ultimate parent company of Birkenstock Group B.V. & Co. KG and its subsidiaries (the "Birkenstock Group"). BIRKENSTOCK is a global brand which embraces all consumers regardless of geography, gender, age and income and which is committed to a clear purpose - encouraging proper foot health. Deeply rooted in studies of the biomechanics of the human foot and backed by a family tradition of shoemaking that can be traced back to 1774, BIRKENSTOCK is a timeless «super brand» with a brand universe that transcends product categories and ranges from entry-level to luxury price points while addressing the growing need for a conscious and active lifestyle. Function, quality and tradition are the core values of the Zeitgeist brand which features products in the footwear, sleep systems and natural cosmetics categories. BIRKENSTOCK is the inventor of the footbed and has shaped the principle of walking as intended by nature ("Naturgewolltes Gehen").